Introduction to Milk Frothers | Milk Frother Uses | Capresso Milk Frothers
Introduction to Milk Frothers
Using a unique patent-pending frothing disk, the Capresso milk frother creates the perfect frothing action by gently but quickly whipping as much air as possible into the milk while heating it to one of three temperature settings: hot, warm or cold. No longer do you have to practice the art of frothing milk with a steaming wand; simply add milk to the pitcher, press a button and the frother does all the work for you. To heat milk without froth, simply replace the frothing disk at the bottom of the pitcher with the flat heating disk and the machine will stir the milk while it is being heated to prevent scalding. The heating disk is perfect to warm milk for lattes, hot chocolate or for cooking. You can even use the cold setting for making cold froth for an authentic iced cappuccino or for incorporating powdered mixes together.
To learn more about proper milk frothing techniques click here:
How to Achieve the Perfect Frothed Milk (PDF)
back to top
Milk Frother Uses
Frothed and steamed milk are the base for a variety of specialty coffee beverages as well as the base for delicious and creamy hot chocolate, however there are even more uses for the milk frother in addition to hot beverages.
- In any recipe that calls for milk, warm the milk in the frother first to help incorporate powdered ingredients faster and speed up the cooking process.
- Use the frother to heat milk for any recipe that calls for "scalded milk" such as yeast breads. Heating the milk deactivates a protein which can prevent the dough from properly rising.
- Froth low-fat milk and add to mashed potatoes. The frothed milk adds a "creamy" flavor without adding fat. The warm milk also keeps the mashed potatoes hotter than when adding cold milk.
- Use the heating disk to warm milk and cream to add to egg yolks and sugar for homemade crème anglaise.
- "Marinate" flavoring ingredients like vanilla, cloves, citrus peels or spices in warm milk for 10-20 minutes to bring out an enhanced flavor in any recipe that calls for milk.
- Use the heating disk to warm milk for an old-fashioned hot milk cake.
- Add cold frothed milk to any recipe that calls for milk to add stiffness and a richer texture. Some recipes like custard or meringue call for "stiff" milk or cream which can be achieved by simply using the cold setting with the frothing disk.
- Using the cold setting, froth low-fat milk and citrus juice such as lemonade, limeade or orange juice to create a refreshing lemon meringue latte, orange cream latte, or key lime latte.
To view recipes for the milk frother click here: Milk Frother Recipes (PDF)
back to top
Capresso Milk Frothers
Capresso froth PRO (#202), $59.99
Designed to create thick and rich frothed milk for cappuccinos, steamed milk for café lattes, and frothy hot chocolate, the new Capresso froth PRO automatic milk frother produces professional quality results with a quick touch of a button.
Capresso froth PLUS (#204.04) $59.99
Watch your frother create thick, rich frothed milk in the clear frothing pitcher. Great for cappuccinos, hot milk for café lattes, or creamy hot chocolate.