Features and Benefits
- Includes two espresso filters; one for convenience, one for control; choose the one that’s right for you
- The double spout espresso filter creates an optimal brew, quickly and easily; brews 1 or 2 espressos at a time
- The bottomless espresso filter lets you brew barista style and perfect your technique
- Advanced pump boiler maintains a reservoir of hot water at the perfect temperature for faster and more consistent results
- State-of-the-art boiler increases brewing pressure and temperature stability
- 15 bar pump provides optimal pressure for rich crema, the thin layer of foam that marks a perfectly brewed espresso
- Commercial-style power frother for perfectly foamed or steamed milk for delicious cappuccinos and lattes
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction
- 42-oz, removable water container
- Large, integrated cup warming tray
- Indicator lights for “Off/On” and “Coffee/Steam”
- Easy-to-clean removable stainless steel drip tray
- Coffee scoop/tamper included
How Things Work
Featuring an advanced pump boiler system and two filter choices, the commercial-grade Capresso EC PRO Professional Espresso & Cappuccino Machine is the ideal choice for brewing café quality espresso and cappuccino at home. With two filter options, coffee lovers at any skill level can prepare barista-quality espresso. The heavy-duty double spout espresso filter, designed for beginners, is convenient and easy to use, brewing one or two espressos at a time. The filter’s sieve helps produce an ideal brew, by creating optimal pressure without having to perfect tamp or grind size. For more experienced home brewers and those looking to improve their barista skills, the bottomless espresso filter lets users brew barista style. Unlike the double spout filter, the pressure in this sieve is built up based on grind size and tamp. The bottomless sieve produces a richer, thicker crema and a hotter brew because the espresso has less contact with the surfaces of the portafilter.
We recommend espresso beginners use the double spout filter and 2-cup sieve to create the optimal brew quickly and easily. For more advanced users, we suggest experimenting with the bottomless filter and sieve. By adjusting the grind size, tamp pressure or quality/age of the coffee, your espresso brewing technique will drastically improve the coffee’s taste. When used correctly, the bottomless filter will produce a richer crema and a hotter brew.
Tips on diagnosing extraction with the bottomless filter:
- Blonding: A very light colored shot may be an indication that more coffee grounds need to be added to the sieve or the grind is too coarse. Alternatively, a shot that is too dark can mean there is too much coffee grounds in the sieve or the grind is too fine. Use a conical burr grinder and experiment to find the perfect grind.
- Under-extraction: Occurs when coffee is weak in taste. It can be too coarsely ground or not enough coffee is packed inside the sieve.
- Over-extraction: Occurs when boiler water is too hot. There will be a thin, dark crema and the flavor will be harsh and very strong. Ensure Coffee/Steam switch is in the coffee position and always allow the boiler to cool down after steaming.
- Channeling: The shot is not flowing evenly in one central stream and is spurting off to the sides. This is caused by uneven tamping. Be sure to place even pressure on the ground coffee when tamping.
- Tiger striping: Are the visual effects of a good extraction. The tiger stripes are formed by the contrasting light and dark colors of the crema flowing down the steam of espresso into the cup.
H-11½" x W-6" x L-11"
1 Year Limited Warranty for Household Use
Country of Origin:
Made in China
- Manuals & Downloads