Home > Coffee Makers > CoffeeTEAM Therm
Features and Benefits | How Things Work | Testimonials | How to Order
*CAPRESSO CONICAL BURRS
For maximum aroma and flavor retention slow grinding conical burrs are the best solution. The angles and shapes of our conical burrs are cut by computer controlled robots to within 0.1mm precision (1/250 of one inch). Burrs are then hand assembled in their casings in Switzerland for precise fit. The multiple gear motor produces the slowest grinding action (<450 rpm) for maximum aroma retention. The same burrs are used in our Infinity Burr Grinders and in all of our Jura-Capresso Automatic Coffee Centers.
** Conical Filter Shape
For decades European coffee drinkers prefer the conical filter shape for superior flavor extraction. The size 4 filter is the most used version in Europe. Even when using small amounts of coffee the grounds are concentrated in the narrow bottom of the cone where the hot water can saturate the grounds properly.
Feature and Benefits
- The completely new CoffeeTEAM Therm features a stainless steel thermal carafe to keep your coffee perfectly hot for hours, without reheating. Stainless steel accents throughout the machine and a simple one-button programming design make this the most sophisticated Coffee Maker / Burr Grinder combination on the market.
- Only the CoffeeTEAM lets you program the amount of coffee you want to grind: choose from 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups and select mild, regular or strong. You can even program two completely different settings, one for manual operation and one for automatic operation. This way you always enjoy exactly the same coffee taste.
- The CoffeeTEAM uses solid steel conical burrs (see Gallery), the same as found in our automatic coffee centers. The slow grinding of the burrs imparts minimal heat preserving more aroma than blade grinding. It also allows a finer and more uniform grind than combination machines with a blade grinder.
- Four fineness settings for light to dark beans let you adjust the grinder to your preferred beans (the darker/oilier the bean, the coarser the setting).
- Grinding and brewing are separated, keeping moisture away from the grinder. The CoffeeTEAM grinds the programmed amount of beans directly into the filter. Then the filter automatically swings forward and the brewing process begins (see Gallery and Video "Brewing Coffee "). The coffee enters the carafe through the closed lid. For serving just turn the lid’s dot to the pouring spout. After serving close the lid again to preserve temperature and aroma.
- The bean container holds up to 80 grams of coffee. Detachable see-through cover lets you check the flow of the ground coffee and makes is extremely easy to clean the grinder channel (see video “Cleaning Tips.”)
- A special filter cover lid keeps the statically charged ground coffee inside the filter holder.
- AM/PM Programmable Clock/Timer lets you set the time when to grind and brew automatically.
- The display shows the time, the strength setting and for how many cups the grinder is programmed (see Gallery).
- The elegant, illuminated black-on-white display is easy to read.
- 10-cup (47 oz.) capacity.
- GoldTone Filter (size 4, conical) included. The conical shape is ideal for extracting maximum flavor. The CoffeeTEAM can also be used with size 4 filter paper.
- Over 200° F brew and up to 180° F coffee temperature in the thermal carafe directly after brewing.
- Use the CoffeeTEAM Therm like a regular drip coffee maker with pre-ground coffee (without grinder) in case another kind of coffee is required (i.e. decaf or coated/flavored coffee; see Gallery).
- Stop-and-Serve lets you remove the carafe while brewing to serve a quick cup.
- Easy to clean (see video "Cleaning Tips ").
back to top
How Things Work
One-touch programming button
To keep the design clean and uncluttered, all programming options can be accessed with the P-button. Just push and turn the button to find the setting you prefer. For details see the instruction book or the video.
Programming the Right Amount of Coffee
You can get almost any strength of coffee from your CoffeeTEAM. Maximum amount of coffee will be ground in choosing "10" and the "STRONG"-cup and setting the fineness to the large dot (coarsest setting). When filling the water container with 50 oz. (10 cups) of coffee it will give you a strong coffee. If you prefer an even stronger coffee, fill only 7 or 8 cups of water (35 to 40 oz.) into the water tank. If you prefer a very mild coffee set the grinder one or two levels below the amount of coffee you want to brew, e.g. set the grinder to "6" and fill the water tank with 8 or 10 cups (40 to 50 oz.).
back to top
“My husband and I recently purchased a CoffeeTeam Therm coffee maker, and I
want you to know it makes the best coffee I have ever tasted. We like strong
coffee, so we set our machine to grind 10 strong cups but brew 8 cups, and
the taste is great. What pleases me most is there is no loss of flavor as
the coffee cools in the pot or in my cup; I have always wanted the first
pour from a pot of coffee so I could get the hottest and freshest cup, but
now "timing" isn't such an issue for me because the last bit tastes as good
as the first. Thank you for offering this fabulous machine!”
back to top
How To Order
Click here for a retailer location near you. Or select model below to order online.
Select a Model:
CoffeeTEAM Therm #455: $199.99
back to top