Home > Jura-Capresso Automatic Coffee Centers > ENA 3
World's Slimmest Automatic Coffee Center | Features & Benefits | Dual Frother Plus | frothXpress System | Convenience | Appearance | How Things Work | How to Order
ENA 3, Model #13467(black), #13466 (white), $799.00
The World's Slimmest Bean-to-Cup Automatic Coffee Center!
Click here for ENA 5 models
Click here to see all ENA models at a glance
Click on the video clips to your right to watch the ENA in action.
Request a free DVD today at email@example.com ask for FREE ENA DVD.
The ENA series new contemporary design is less than 9½ inches wide, freeing up counter space while offering a true bean-to-cup experience. The new rotary switch makes the ENA the easiest to use automatic coffee center. The patent-pending Zero-Energy-Technology uses less electricity than any other coffee center on the market. Created for the coffee enthusiast, the ENA series offers the best in authentic crema coffee, espresso, cappuccino and latte in a flawless, striking design.
The ENA series features 18 bars of pressure, a professional-grade conical burr grinder, energy saving technology and a wealth of convenience features.
At the touch of a button, it grinds, tamps, brews and self-cleans in less than 60 seconds for high-pressure brewed crema coffee or espresso to rival any coffee café. Cappuccinos and lattes are easy with two frothing options: the Dual Frother Plus (standard on all ENA) to froth like a barista and the patented frothXpress system (standard on ENA 5) that automatically steams or froths milk into the cup. A hot water dispenser can be used for Café Americano or tea.
Fully programmable, the ENA lets you personalize the amount, strength and temperature of your coffee. The user-friendly Rotary Dial makes it easy to override programming to prepare a special cup, without affecting the permanent settings.
Convenient features include a LCD three-color alphanumeric display, automatic cleaning cycles and the CLEARYL water filtration system that eliminates the need for decalcification. A stainless steel lined ThermoBlock heats quickly to minimize wait times before initial brewing and steaming. A separate automatic ground coffee funnel lets you use pre-ground coffee, ideal to brew either decaf or another coffee roast. The patent-pending Zero Energy Button and Energy Save Standby Mode make this the smart choice for anyone who wants to save energy (see under “How Things Work” below).
The three color alphanumeric display gives clear, concise information. The display color let’s you know upfront if the ENA is ready to brew coffee (green display), is in programming mode (yellow) or requires a special action (red) like adding water.
*The ENA 5 features a unique coffee release system. Turn the platinum metallic cylinder to select to brew through one or two spouts (see photos and video). It comes standard with both frothing systems (Dual Frother Plus for manual frothing and frothXpress system for automatic frothing). Top and front are rich platinum metallic with chrome and stainless steel accents. Side and back panels are either ristretto black, blossom white or coffee cherry red (see photos).
back to top
Features and Benefits
- Push the Rotary Dial and the ENA will grind, tamp and brew your preferred cup of high-pressure brewed coffee.
- If you want to change the strength or the volume just turn the dial during operation. The ENA lets you select from three strength settings and will brew from ½ oz up to 16 oz. of coffee at a time (see video).
- With the height adjustable coffee spout almost any size of coffee cup will fit underneath.
- Turn the unique rotating cylinder of the ENA 5 to brew through one or two spouts.
- Two step pre-infusion cycle moistens and conditions the ground coffee. Maximum flavor extraction with perfect crema topping.
- The ENA grinds from 5 to a maximum of 16 grams of coffee from mild to strong.
- Choose from two temperature settings. Some like it hot, some don't.
- The ENA series froths and steams milk with the Dual Frother PLUS (standard on all ENA models) or with the automatic frothXpress system (also standard on ENA 5 models). After steaming/frothing your milk, the ENA grinds the beans and pressure-brews the espresso into your cup without delay. No more work, no more guessing.
- 37 oz. removable water container. Good for 20 espressos at a time.
- Integrated professional solid steel conical burr grinder for consistent and aroma-saving grinding. Five settings allow you to adjust the fineness for all kinds of beans - from light to dark roasts.
- 7 oz. bean container. Grind up to 15 portions of coffee before refilling.
- Frother can be used to release hot water to quickly pre-heat your cup or for that perfect Cafe Americano or to make a cup of tea in seconds.
- ENA CLEARYL Water Care System. Removes chlorine, lead, aluminum and copper from your tap water for a better tasting coffee. A special organic additive removes almost all carbon and eliminates decalcifying altogether.
- Electronic ENA CLEARYL cartridge change indicator makes sure that you always have the best water possible.
- Separate automatic coffee funnel for pre-ground coffee. Use for decaf or flavored coffees.
- 18-bar power pump with 1450 watt stainless steel lined ThermoBlock heating system. Fast continuous operation for use at home or in the office.
back to top
Dual Frother Plus (standard with all ENA models)
- With the Rotary Dial select “Steam” and push the Rotary button. Within seconds, the ThermoBlock heating system reaches steaming temperature. Immerse the Dual Frother Plus into your milk pitcher or in your cup filled with milk. When the display reads READY turn the selector dial on the right side to the steam / hot water symbol. Hot steam is released immediately. Steam output is continuous. Just turn the selector switch back to stop the steam output. Need more steam? The ENA keeps the steam mode for 40 seconds after the last steam action. Steam away as much as you want.
- The Dual Frother Plus is fast and easy to use. With two settings for latte (steaming milk) and cappuccino (steaming and frothing milk). Click on the video clip to see the frother in action.
back to top
frothXpress System (standard with ENA 5)*
- The frothXpress system helps you to prepare perfect cappuccinos and lattes cup after cup. It automatically siphons milk from any milk container, combines it with hot steam and delivers hot, frothed milk into your cappuccino cups. Turn the dial of the frothXpress to the latte setting and the frothXpress will deliver hot steamed milk with very little or no froth for that delicious latte.
- The frothXpress system lets you fill cup after cup with your preferred amount of hot steamed or frothed milk. The result: always the same taste and no more wasted milk!
- Fill as many cups as you want then add your shot of espresso and serve identical lattes or cappuccinos.
- Temperature control! For that extra hot Cappuccino or Latte move the frothXpress dial from the "-" setting towards the "+" setting to increase the temperature of the milk.
*The frothXpress system can be purchased separately for the ENA 3 models.
back to top
Convenience, Monitoring, Appearance and Safety Features
- LCD display dialog system. Gives you short, plain language instructions: "Ready", "Heating”, and “Fill Water". Display color indicates status: Green display: ready to brew coffee. Yellow display: you have entered the programming section. Red display: the ENA requires you to perform a special task (i.e. empty tray, fill water).
- Choose from seven languages in the dialog system. English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch.
- Select from "Continuous-on" or "Auto-off" from 1/2 hour to 9 hours in one hour increments. This makes sure the machine stays on as long as you want.
- Automatic hot water rinse cycle when the ENA is turned on and off. Cleans and pre-heats all vital brewing parts.
- Automatic cleaning cycle indicator prevents coffee oil build-up in the brew chamber. A short 15 minutes automated tablet cleaning program with clear instructions in the LCD display insures clean inner parts and coffee that will never tastes oily or bitter. No inner parts need to be removed. The display will remind you automatically after approx. 180 cups of coffee.
- Automatic indicator when used coffee container is full. Used coffee container holds up to 12 coffee portions.
- Electronic water level sensor will never let the machine operate without water!
- Five level water hardness selector. Set the machine to your water hardness (comes with a water hardness indicator strip).
- DVD with detailed tips on brewing, frothing methods and cleaning included.
- Compact design
back to top
Front, top, side and back panel are finished in black (model #13467) or in white (model #13466). Removable cup platform in stainless steel. Coffee spout in platinum metallic.
How Things Work
Zero Energy Button / Special Energy Saving Mode Programming
The ENA has a patent pending Zero Energy On/Off button. In the off position no electricity whatsoever enters the machine. It’s like you unplugged the machine. In programming you can select from a special ENERGY saving mode. In this mode the ENA switches to a lower stand-by temperature ten minutes after you made your last coffee, thus using less electricity. If you want another cup of coffee an hour later the ENA heats up for a few seconds and then is ready to brew your cup of coffee.
The ENA displays READY in green. Open the small cover behind the Rotary Dial and push and hold the P button until the display shows RINSE. The LCD display has now changed to yellow. Turn the Rotary Dial and select the setting you want to change. For details see the operating instructions. When you have changed the setting turn the Rotary Dial until the display shows EXIT and push the Rotary dial. The display shows READY and has changed the color to green.
back to top
Thermal milk containers (sold separately)
The thermal milk containers keep milk cold. No need to run back and forth to the refrigerator. Jura-Capresso offers active and passive thermal milk containers.
back to top
How To Order
Click here for a retailer location near you. Or select model below to order online.
Select a Model:
ENA 3 Black (Model #13467) $799.00
ENA 3 White (Model #13466) $799.00
back to top